I shudder to think

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Smiths Biography And Top 10 Songs

The Smiths are another of my front-runner Manchester sets and as I have got got said before, you have to back up your own. I believe I initially started listening to The Smiths when What Difference Makes It Make came out in 1983 and I thought Morrissey had one of the most interesting voices and lyrical styles which were not the usual kind popular at the time. Some people believe that The Smiths were a blue set with very deadening words but I believe I connected with them because of that. I like to be alone and different which I believe is reflected by some of the music I listen to. I make believe some of the songs incorporate very emotional words but I wouldn't state they were too blue or deadening and actually quite funny.

I also be given to rock more than towards the sets who actually play instruments and are not all computing machine generated, but not always as I make listen to a very varied music library. I would have got got liked to have seen The Smiths live, but like when I was sneaked into the Hacienda to watch The Rock roses I never got the chance to make this with The Smiths.

The Smiths were formed in 1992 in Manchester, England by Morrissey, Rebel Marr, Microphone James Joyce and Dave Hibbert. Dave was replaced after lone a couple of gigs by one of Johnny's friends Andy Rourke. Craig Gannon also was one of the sets early guitarists. They named themselves The Smiths in a sort of revenge to what other sets of the clip were naming themselves and in an interview Morrissey said "I decided to name ourselves The Smiths because it was the most ordinary name, and I believe it's clock that the ordinary common people of the human race showed their faces."

The ego titled introduction record record album "The Smiths" was released in 1984 and rose to #2 in the United Kingdom album chart. There were a couple of controversial songs on the record album which met with some bad fourth estate like Reel Around the Fountain which some people believe is about paedophilia and the song Suffer Small Children which was related to the Moors Murders of the 1960's.

Meat Is Murder which was released in the early portion of 1985 contained some more than political and philosophical songs such as as the song Meat Is Murder which obviously is about pro-vegetarianism, The Headmaster Ritual which was about anti-corporal penalty and also Brutality Begins At Home. Meat Is Murder is the lone studio record record album to attain #1 on the album chart.

There were 2 other studio record albums released which were The Queen Is Dead which contained the hits Bigmouth Strikes Again, The Male Child With The Irritant In His Side and Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others and also Strangeways, Here We Come which contained the controversial song Shoplifters Of The World Unite. Many parents objected to the song as they believed it was encouraging children to steal.

The Smiths have got influenced many of todays groupings including Radiohead, Bloc Party, The Cranberries, The Rock Roses, The Killers, Blur, Oasis, Doves, Belle And Sebastian and The Verve. Morrissey have also had his ain very moneymaking solo career.

My Top 10 Smiths Songs are:

01. Panic

02. Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

03. Still Ill

04. Shoplifters Of The World Unite

05. Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want

06. This Charming Man

07. Bigmouth Strikes Again

08. Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

09. How Soon Is Now

10. Reel Around The Fountain

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!

Archives

September 2008

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?